Green Light Networks
What is that?
Green Light Networks is an intelligent lighting system with very low power consumption which also provides Internet connectivity through broadband wireless mesh backbone network.
How it works?
The system is based on a network of street lights with wireless and LED technology. Once installed, the network of street lights is able to self-configure and offer connectivity by Wifi spot.
Besides ensuring street lighting, the street lamps allow to create a mesh network through which you can access to public services such as video surveillance, support to Protezione Civile (Civil Protection), access gate control for restricted traffic areas, info-mobility, infotainment. The system is designed primarily for the public administration but it can also be applied in the private sector due to the possibility of installing an LCD monitor to display business information.
- Reduction of costs: Green Light Networks is Energy saving: thanks to LED technology it offers urban and extra-urban lighting at the lowest energy cost in the market.
- A network always available: the presence of an auxiliary emergency battery ensures urban lighting even in case of night blackout and a telecommunication network always active even in the event of natural disasters.
- Simple to install: the installation of Green Light Network does not require expensive or invasive works because it is possible to use existing poles and infrastructure.
- Optimum lighting profile: Specific software allows easily managing the lighting settings, such as schedules and intensity, as well as monitoring the behaviour of every single lamp.
- Versatile and modular: The structure may also include a system of alarms and detection of people who need help, who can be identified through the Regional Service Card (Carta Regionale dei Servizi, CRS). This possibility of identification through an HF RFID reader integrated in the lamp helps avoid false alarms triggered by unidentified people.
- Environmental data monitoring: thanks to its sensors, Green Light Networks also allows the continuous monitoring of environmental data (such as pollution, traffic, air quality) and sending them to the specific research centres.