Measurements on Wireless Systems
Cubit laboratory performs tests of measurement on wireless systems.
CUBIT is able to test the territorial coverage of wireless systems (Radio LAN, Wi-FI, WiMAX, RFID), the net throughput capacity, the quality of services and the net handover capacity:
- COVERAGE – measurement of territorial coverage by analysing the parameters of the received signal, namely RSSI (Received Signal Strength Index) and CINR (Carrier to Interference + Noise Ratio).
- CAPACITY – measurement of maximum throughput provided by the system, both downlink and uplink.
- RADIO – measure of the radio capacity of the system, according to the following parameters: MIMO performance, MRC, Max output power, RSSI, CINR.
- QUALITY OF SERVICES – VoIP services, videoconference, video streaming, FTP (File Transfer Protocol), UDP (User Datagram Protocol). The quality of service is assessed according to MOS (Mean Opinion Score) and PESQ (Perceptual Evaluation of Speech Quality).
- HANDOVER SERVICE – testing of handover capacity of the system, especially the out of service time during the handover.